Weekend Jobs at First Response
We are hiring!
Competition for employment opportunities around the country is as high as it has ever been and at First Response we believe there is no such thing as too soon when it comes to getting ahead in your career, which is why we have developed our Saturday Support Programme.
The programme is for those aged 16-18 and in college education. We understand that it can be a confusing time with so many potential options for your future so our programme will offer you real working skills as you prepare to make these big decisions.
Why you should want to join the programme
- A chance to work within in a UK’s Top 10 Best Company to Work For
- Competitive pay with overtime opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to acquire a wide range of skills and experience in important roles within the business
- You will have close support throughout the programme focused on your own personal development
Where it can lead
- To a full time position at First Response
- To a paid apprenticeship programme
The programme is designed primarily as an entry point for our degree apprenticeship, those that prove themselves both in the work environment and in their academic results will have the first opportunities to join our apprenticeship programme. Find out more at:
We use Best Companies as a way to understand what’s working well and what’s not working so well across the business. A prime example of when we have put this into practice was after 2015’s results. We saw a dip to 92nd place so quickly set to work finding out how we could improve this. We made changes and the following year we had our best ever result!
In order to apply you must have/be:
- Minimum 16 years old and currently attending college
- An interest in taking the first steps towards our sponsored degree apprenticeship
- The right to work in the UK
All details will be checked during recruitment so please ensure they are correct.
Places are limited and only available to those looking to join our apprenticeship programme in the future. This programme does not guarantee acceptance onto the apprenticeship.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Salary: £6.83 per hour
Working Hours: Saturday 10.00 - 16.00
Overtime available ad-hoc
(likely to be outside of term time or bank holidays)
30 minutes for lunch
4 paid holiday days per year (pro rata)